Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Products I Love: Vosges Haut-Chocolat

Today was a long day packed with meetings. I ran from conference room to conference room all day so by the time I arrived home, I was very grateful to just sit on the sofa and watch the news. One story in particular caught my attention. Apparently, due to a West African drought as well as general unrest along the Ivory Coast (not to mention consumer demand for higher cocoa content chocolate) there is a shortage in cocoa. This will inevitably bring a rise in the cost of chocolate products. I'm not here to deliver a news report. A simple Bing search with offer more effective information, but the story did make me think about how much I would be willing to pay for my favorite chocolate.
My favorite chocolate bar of the moment is the Vosges Haut-Chocolat Barcelona Bar. Even at it's current price of almost $8 via Amazon Fresh, it's no bargain. I can't say I would pay much more, but I would consider it. The Barcelona Bar is a deep milk chocolate bar (meaning part dark, part milk chocolate) with hickory smoked almonds and gray sea salt throughout. It's addictive.
Vosges Haut Chocolat produces some interesting flavor combinations including a variety of ingredients such as bacon, chilis and curry. I've tried a few and only disliked one, but the Barcelona Bar is my clear favorite. I don't buy it often and when I do, one bar typically lasts a week or longer, but I could easily finish it in a single sitting. If all the reports of rising cocoa prices prove to be true, I suppose I'll find out just how much I'm willing to pay for a favorite indulgence.

No comments:

Post a Comment