Sunday, November 21, 2010

Familiar Favorites in a New City {Park Avenue Cafe}

We finally made it home from Portland early this afternoon. While we definitely took the scenic route on our way down, we made the return trip as quick as possible. We planned a visit to VooDoo Doughnuts on our way out of town, but when we arrived just after 9AM, the line was too long. To say I was disappointed is an understatement. I don't know if or when we'll return to Portland, but I hope to someday try one of their unique flavor combinations. If we have another chance, we won't wait until the last morning.
Yesterday, we got a little bit of a late start after our exciting evening at the game, so we were ready for lunch as the first meal of the day. After asking for advice from our hotel concierge, we chose The Park Avenue Cafe. As was the case throughout our visit, we were pleasantly surprised by how friendly the people working at the cafe were. As far as food goes, no surprises out of B. He ordered the bacon, egg and cheese bagel and Caramel Mocha. I had a Santa Fe Chicken salad. 


All in all, everything was really good. B said his bagel was a little lighter (in a good way) than his usual bagel from Cherry Street. He really enjoyed his coffee. I had a taste, but it was way too sweet for me. I enjoyed my salad as well. The avocado wasn't the best, but I know from personal experience how difficult it is to get a decent avocado in the Northwest.

We spent the rest of the day shopping and just being tourists. We ended the day with a fun dinner, but I have to save something for tomorrow...

Park Avenue Cafe on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. The picture of that bagel just made me drool on my keyboard. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete